Digital Video and Audio Screen Capture
With VFSource, proprietary file types, and renegade players are no longer a problem:
Problems that plague other screen capture programs — such as dealing with proprietary movies that result in "black screen" captures when used in other programs, and renegade DVR players that take over the entire screen — are solved with VFSource.
- Captures video and audio from proprietary digital movie players
- Allows you to highlight an area of an active movie player window for capture or use pre-defined crop areas
- Enables you to display all frames in the final movie at the correct moment in time when they occurred in the original movie
Analog Video Capture
VFSource captures high quality, uncompressed digital video directly from analog video sources via an SDI video card.
VFSource is also compatible with 1394 Firewire port devices. Capture NTSC and PAL video at their respective frame rates
without dropping a frame.
Digital Video Import
Allows you to import a wide variety of files that play in standard players such as Quicktime, Windows Media Player and RealPlayer.
Import and transcode streaming media files to ensure optimal interactivity with individual frames. Import 3G Mobile cell phone files.
(File types VFSource will work with: .3pg, .mp4v, .3g2, .asx, .dv, .m2v, .wmf, .divx, .asf, .mpg, .m1v, .avi,
.mp4, .wm, .mov, .vob and many other file types that play in Windows Media Player on your machine.)
Edits your digital video clips. Lets you easily trim, crop, edit, deinterlace, change speed,
change size and share the clips with others or archive them to disk or a media storage system.
Convert and Export Movies
VFSource helps users convert video to a usable form (codec and file type) appropriate for either analysis or sharing. Used as a prep station, it gives organizations a big hand with backlogs of videos — turning the piles of previously unusable video into usable form. (Exports industry standard movie files .mov or .avi
with numerous codec options and allows for the correction of square/non-square pixels and frame-rate on movie export.)
Grab and Process Stills
Find an interesting frame in your source movie. Grab it and process - crop, adjust brightness and contrast levels,
rescale and export it out in one of many file types. Or just save out a raw copy of the original.
Whether used as a mobile unit, through which users can get video on site by digitizing analog video or by screen capturing or
importing digital DVR files, VFSource allows for export to a sharable non-proprietary form that can be handed out to necessary
parties and plays on their computers.
- Start and Stop Capture — hot keys are provided to start and stop analog or screen capture, minimize the application etc.
- Quick Scan — an innovative video user interface, this allows you to quickly review and mark areas of interest in a long video sequence, making it easy you find the images you need.
- Automatic Naming — captured files can be saved to a user specified location with a user specified root name helping to move many videos in and out of the system.
- Printing — you can find a frame that is interesting and print it directly out for use.
- Look and Feel — as intuitive and easy to understand as the VFPro it was built to mirror
Check out our full-featured analysis system, VideoFOCUS Pro
Read some of our customer stories to learn how VideoFOCUS helps law enforcement turn video footage into